The most important event of the year in Pokémon GO is happening this weekend! For the past few years, the final Community Day of the year has featured all of the Pokémon that were featured during the year, and this year is no exception.
On Saturday, December 18, 2021, you’ll encounter more Machop, Roselia, Swablu, Gible, Snivy, and Fletchling, and on Sunday, December 19, 2021, there will be more Eevee, Duskull, Shinx, Tepig, Oshawott. All of them will spawn more frequently for lures and incenses all weekend.
These Pokémon will be popping out of 2KM eggs all weekend: Charmander, Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Magikarp, Porygon, Elekid, Magby, Seedot, Piplup, and Budew.
The 2020 Community Line up (Charmander, Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Electabuzz, Magmar, Magikarp, Porygon, Seedot, Piplup) will be appearing in Raids all weekend.
And, of course, it wouldn’t be a Community Day if there wasn’t another opportunity to spend more cash and/or PokéCoins!
First, there will be 30 free Ultra Balls in the shop to get you in the door. Then, there will be thing we’ve all been waiting for: a Community Day Box with 50 Ultra Balls, six Star Pieces, and the priceless items: an Elite Fast TM and an Elite Charged TM. (Well, I guess they aren’t priceless. They cost 1,280 PokéCoins.)
There will also be the usual $1 (or the equivalent in your local currency) research ticket. No word yet as to how interesting or valuable the research will be.
Here’s the important things you need to know:
- Saturday, December 18, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, and
- Sunday, December 19, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Incenses and Lure Modules will last for three hours (if activated during the event),
- Eggs will hatch in half the normal distance (if placed in the incubator during the event), and
- Stardust & XP will be double
The ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT PART:
Other than the chance to get an Elite TM, and tons of XP and Stardust, the best part of Community Day is the EXCLUSIVE MOVES! If you evolve a Pokémon into one of these 29 Pokémon you will get these exclusive moves. There are too many to go into detail on this article, but suffice it to say, it is worth taking the time to make a plan for which Pokémon you are going to evolve during December 2021 Community Day.
Some of these exclusive moves make the difference between a Pokémon being a decent fighter to being the GOAT. For example, I’ve been hanging on to my Rhydons and my Sinnoh Stones just waiting for this day to get a couple more Rhyperiors with Rock Wrecker to round out my rock attackers team.
At the same time, some of these moves seem like someone at Niantic and/or Pokémon Company was playing a practical joke! Yes, Electivire, I’m talking about you. Why do you get Flamethrower? WHY?
- Charizard gets Fast Attack Dragon Breath,
- Beedrill gets the Charged Attack Drill Run,
- Alakazam gets the Fast Attack Counter,
- Machamp gets the Charged Attack Payback,
- Gengar gets the Charged Attack Shadow Punch,
- Gyarados gets the Charged Attack Aqua Tail,
- Vaporeon gets the Charged Attack Scald,
- Jolteon gets the Charged Attack Zap Cannon,
- Flareon gets the Charged Attack Superpower,
- Espeon gets the Charged Attack Shadow Ball,
- Umbreon gets the Charged Attack Psychic,
- Shiftry gets the Fast Attack Bullet Seed,
- Altaria gets the Charged Attack Moonblast,
- Empoleon gets the Charged Attack Hydro Cannon,
- Luxray gets the Charged Attack Psychic Fangs,
- Roserade gets the Charged Attack Fire-type Weather Ball
- Garchomp gets the Charged Attack Earth Power,
- Rhyperior gets the Charged Attack Rock Wrecker,
- Electivire gets the Charged Attack Flamethrower,
- Magmortar gets the Charged Attack Thunderbolt,
- Leafeon gets the Fast Attack Bullet Seed,
- Glaceon gets the Charged Attack Water Pulse,
- Porygon-Z gets the Charged Attack Tri Attack,
- Dusknoir gets the Charged Attack Shadow Ball,
- Serperior gets the Charged Attack Frenzy Plant,
- Emboar gets the Charged Attack Blast Burn,
- Samurott gets the Charged Attack Hydro Cannon,
- Talonflame gets the Fast Attack Incinerate, and
- Sylveon gets the Charged Attack Psyshock.
The REAL, ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT PART:
Shiny Pokémon. So many Shiny Pokémon. Like, you’re probably gonna throw away several Shiny Pokémon at the end of the day because you’ll catch too many. On a normal day, the odds of catching a shiny is about 1 in 500. On a Community Day, the odds are usually 1 in 25. Thems are good odds. Thems are real good odds.
Make sure to take some time to trade with your friends this weekend to turn your trash into treasures! Trade some of those shiny Pokémon you were about to throw out!
On top of the extra candy and guaranteed Candy XL from trading during Season of Heritage, from Friday, December 17, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. EST (GMT-5) to Monday December 20, 2021 1:00 p.m. EST (GMT-5),
- Trades will cost 25% less Stardust, and
- Trainer will get an additional Special Trade each day!